Lupita Nyong’oisn’t currently publicly dating anyone, but, from the looks of it, she certainly could have two-time co-star Winston Duke if she wanted to.
A recent photo of the “Us” co-stars, who first worked together on last year’s blockbuster “Black Panther,” shows the pair looking delightful together as Duke holds Nyong’o from behind while the pair lock hands. The image, which was initially posted in full on Nyong’o’s Instagram page March 16, was snapped while the stars promoted their new Jordan Peele-directed horror flick in Germany.
“See the way lupita will just post up with your mans and there’s absolutely nothing u can do about it ,” tweeted freelance journalist Victoria Sanusi on Saturday.
And it’s not the first time the star has been seen with her co-stars in a way that indicates she has a way of captivating them.
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court seemed to struggle Monday with how to resolve a case that could help flip control of the Virginia House of Delegates to Democrats.
The justices heard arguments in a case about the map Virginia has used to choose House delegates, a map a lower court ruled discriminated against black voters. The lack of clarity about how the high court will resolve the case was odd because the justices had previously allowed the lower court to approve a replacement map. State elections officials are currently preparing to use that replacement map for primary contests in June. The replacement map is seen as favorable to Democrats and could help them gain control of the House.
The Republican-controlled House, meanwhile, is defending the map it drew in 2011, after the last census, which has been used in the four elections since. Democratic voters sued in 2014, accusing Republicans of packing black voters into certain districts to make surrounding districts whiter and more Republican. Republicans currently hold control of the House of Delegates by a slim 51-49 margin.
The map Virginia officials are currently using was created after the lower court ruled 2-1 in June that the previous, legislature-drawn map improperly factored race into the drawing of 11 of the 100 House districts. After the House and Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam were unable to reach an agreement on a redistricting plan, the lower court chose a new map from a series of proposals submitted by a special master.
The justices had been asked to block the lower court from approving a new map while the case proceeded in the Supreme Court, but the justices declined in January. So Virginia election planning has moved forward with the new plan. Candidates have until March 28 to sign up for primary contests, which are set for June 11, ahead of November’s election. Any decision by the Supreme Court that changes what map is used could be hugely disruptive if the justices don’t move quickly.
However the Supreme Court decides, it will be the last time the map is used because it will need to be redrawn following the results of the 2020 census.
On Monday, justices questioned both whether the House of Delegates had a right to bring the case to the high court and whether the districts it drew were problematic. Justice Brett Kavanaugh noted that black lawmakers had been supportive of the original map and that it was given required approval by the Justice Department. But Justice Elena Kagan seemed to suggest lawmakers should have done a more thorough, district by district analysis when drawing boundaries.
This is the second time the case has been to the Supreme Court. In 2017 the justices voted to throw out a ruling that upheld the challenged districts. It told the lower court to revisit the case and apply a different legal standard. The lower court then concluded that the 11 districts violated the Constitution’s equal protection clause.
The case is 18-281, VA House of Delegates v. Bethune-Hill.
A new report says seven members of the U.S. military have been identified as members of a white nationalist group.
Chat logs obtained by HuffPost as part of its investigation reveal a member of the Texas National Guard, one member of the Air Force, two Army ROTC cadets, two Marines, and an Army physician to be part of Identity Evropa.
The publication used the logs from a server on a group chat app popular with the alt-right called Discord, the complete server contents of which were released by independent media collective Unicorn Riot last week, to sift through chats. HuffPost verified seven men as current members of the U.S. armed forces.
Identity Evropa has espoused racist views but claims to promote pride in European ancestry. It rose to prominence in 2017 when it helped organize the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia that turned deadly. Since then, attempts have been made to cast aside that association and Identity Evropa has aligned itself with Donald Trump supporters. It has also renamed itself as the American Identity Movement since the Unicorn Riot leak, another way to distance itself from far-right violence.
In the meantime, HuffPost has reached out to the military, which confirmed it’s investigating some of the men’s possible ties to Identity Evropa. Apparently, past tips have led the military to already begin investigating the men, looking to see if they have engaged in discrimination and extremist activity.
The Marine Corps, the Army, the Air Force and the Texas National Guard confirmed that the men identified in the HuffPost’s investigation — Marines Stephen T. Farrea and Jason Laguardia; ROTC members Jay C. Harrison and Christopher Hodgman; Air Force member Dannion Phillips; Joseph Kane of the Texas Army National Guard and physician Christopher Cummins — are currently serving in the military.
Among the things each of the men did, Farrea, a corporal in the Selected Marine Corps Reserve, wrote in Discord chats under the user name SuperTomPerry-RI that “Portsmouth my town 95 percent white very nice” and said he was eager to post “It’s okay to be white” flyers in Rhode Island. SuperTomPerry-RI’s photos match those Farrea shared on Instagram.
Laguardia, another Marine who is a lance corporal in the Selected Marine Corps Reserve, was seen at an Identity Evropa gathering in Kentucky.
Laguardia constantly posted on the app pictures of Identity Evropa flyers and stickers he plastered up in Connecticut and New York City. Most of the time he took the flyers to college campuses, including New York University and Yale University.
As for the ROTC cadets, one of them, Harrison, is in the program at Montana State University at Bozeman and is also a part of the Army National Guard.
“Go play niggerball if you aren’t tough enough for wrestling,” Harrison, who used the name Lawrence of Eurabia and posted biographical information consistent with Harrison, wrote in on the leaked log. “God I hate basketball so much.”
Hodgman, another ROTC cadet and Army Reserve member, possibly posted on Discord under the name Alex Kolchak-NY. Hodgman had admitted in a police investigation to posting Identity Evropa flyers and stickers throughout Brighton, New York.
Discord user Alex Kolchak-NY posted photos to the app of stickers he said he put up in that same town and they came at around the same time of Hodgman’s admission. Hodgman’s lawyer, however, would not confirm or deny to the HuffPost that Alex Kochak-NY is Hodgman or that his client belongs to Identity Evropa.
Army Reserve lieutenant colonel physician Cummins was identified by his links to Discord username giuseppe398, which matches biographical information tied to the doctor and is also part of his email address on neo-Confederate group website Military Order of Stars and Bars.
Like those listed before him, giuseppe398 also posted flyers in his area, including Mississippi — where he is originally from — and his current town of Jackson, Tennessee. He boasted about the flyers and told members of the extremist group he enjoys Tennessee because it’s “conservative & Christian – implicitly white.”
More obvious is Kane, a Texas National Guard member who used his last name as his user name on the app. His biographical details match with those Discord user Kane posted about. Kane shared a popular white supremacist meme reading “It’s okay to be white” on Facebook and had previously been accused of being a white supremacist during his time as a precinct chair for the Denton County Republican Party.
Another obvious link came from Discord user DannionP, who is Dannion Phillips of Oklahoma in chats and arranged to pay dues for Identity Evropa. He posted pictures in October of the organization’s stickers that he plastered around Oklahoma City.
Tamar Braxton’sbirthday finally arrived and she gave fans a glimpse of her birthday body as a result. But things went left when the “Celebrity Big Brother” winner started getting blasted for seemingly going under the knife.
Braxton posted a quick clip of herself posing in a swimsuit and blond wig with a St. Patrick’s Day-themed filter swirling around her on Sunday, March 17.
“Ain’t no Patrick bih!! #happysttamarsday #sheslucky #shes42where” the star captioned the post.
Initially, fans flooded the singer’s comments section with good wishes for her birthday.
“Happy birthday!!!! Enjoy your special day!!! Embrace life to the fullest!!!!”
“Happy bday tay tayyyyy ”
“Happy Birthday Many More God Bless U N-Joy Ur Day @tamarbraxton From: #JBreezy.”
But then the attention turned to what many claimed they saw as a change in Braxton’s face. And her followers had tons of questions as well as commands to halt the work commenters say she appears to have had done.
“@tamarbraxton what happened to your face stop with the surgery.”
“What u do to ur lips”
“What happened to your face.”
“@tamarbraxton PLEASE stop messing up your face. You look a hot ass mess!!! ”
It very well could have been the filter that had fans thinking their fav had some work done. Regardless, Braxton has faced accusations of obtaining plastic surgery many times before.
One of the most recent times came in January when she posted a video using another Instagram video that prompted fans to beg her to back away from the plastic surgeon’s office.
“Please stop having surgeries. You are naturally pretty.”
“You are naturally pretty. You don’t need to keep having plastic surgery. ”
But one thing fans can’t doubt is that her body is all hers.
The star has been documenting just how serious she is about dropping the 20 pounds she said she gained while in the “Celebrity Big Brother.” Earlier this month she even attended a weekend pop-up spin class and sweated it out to hip-hop beats.
Wendy Williams just dropped a bombshell: She’s been living in a sober house, which the TV host revealed Tuesday during an episode of “The Wendy Williams Show.”
“For some time now and even today and beyond, I have been living in a sober house,” she said in tears to the studio audience. “You know I’ve had a struggle with cocaine in the past. I never went to a place to get treatment. … There are people in your family, it might be you … I want you to know more of the story.”
“After I go to the Pilates and go to several meetings all around town in the tri-state area [New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania], I see my brothers and sisters caught up in their addiction and looking for help,” Williams added. “They don’t know I’m Wendy. They don’t care I’m Wendy. It’s the brothers and sisters caught up in the struggle. It’s been really interesting, this ride.”
Williams then said only her husband Kevin Hunter knew about the sober house and no one else.
“Not my parents, nobody. Nobody knew because I look so glamorous out here,” she explained. “After I finish my appointments, I am driven by my 24-hour sober coach back to a home that I live in the tri-state with a bunch of smelly boys who have become my family. We talk and read and talk and read, and then I get bored with them. Doors locked by 10 p.m., lights out by 10 p.m., so I go to my room and stare at the ceiling and fall asleep to come here and see you. So that is my truth.”
The news will undoubtedly answer a lot of questions for those who wondered why Williams was absent from her show for so long, since she was out since December and returned March 4.
Before taking that hiatus, the 54-year-old caused a lot of concern, especially when she slurred words during an interview with The Lox and appeared despondent.
At one point, Williams talked about having a bad reaction to pain medication that she was taking for a hairline shoulder fracture. She also said her absence was attributed to having Graves’ disease but never mentioned anything about living in a sober house.
Williams has, however, talked about having a substance abuse problem in the past and admitted many times that she was addicted to cocaine for a decade.
During season 8 of the VH1 series, Samuels caught a lot of flak from Joe Budden and Rich Dollaz for seemingly lying about being with Mena. For those who don’t know, Mena is an ex-girlfriend of both Dollaz and Budden’s fiancée Cyn Santana.
Budden got into a heated verbal altercation with the “Hunnid” rapper after he didn’t give Budden heads up that Mena would be on the “LHHNY” cast’s Costa Rica trip. Amid the season finale episode drama, Dollaz also exchanged words with Samuels after the rapper allegedly failed to tell him that he was dating his ex Mena. The Jamaican native’s excuse was that it was none of Dollaz’s “damn business.”
Fast-forward to part 2 of the “LHHNY” reunion specia,l and Dollaz and Samuels are back at it again, but this time it almost got physical. The cast members spoke about the incident, but when Dollaz seemingly referred to Mena as a “ho’” Samuels felt disrespected.
“Don’t be disrespectful,” Samuels said to his cast mate. “Don’t talk about somebody like that she’s not here.”
Dollaz then proceeded to ask Samuels, “Oh we doing that?” before running and charging toward him.
Although security conveniently broke up the incident before they could duke it out, the confrontation prompted viewers to chime in with their thoughts.
“I think Rich, Joe and Cyn mad Safaree isn’t kissing their ass like they want him to…I’m glad he’s starting to fight back .”
“Rich big mad cuz he know Safaree the BIGGER man .”
“Rich old ass trying to fly across tables and what not swyd you senior citizen!”
“Safaree could’ve kept it real with all of them but he probably was scared they was gone judge him for dating Erica. Oh well.”
“Rich treated Erica like shit, she cant even stan u plus yall dont speak, so what safaree do to you? Safaree grow some balls and tell them u wit her !”
Dollaz and Mena ended their relationship in 2013 after being off-and-on together for months. The reason for their breakup was never truly confirmed, but according to Mena they haven’t spoken in eight years.
The self-proclaimed “Puerto Rican Princess” secured a deal last year with network We TV for a reality series titled “Joseline Takes Miami,” which centers on her life in Miami as a single mother raising her and ex-fiancé Stevie J.’s 2-year-old daughter Bonnie Bella. The show is also reportedly supposed to focus on her music career as a Latina rapper and include her working on music with an “array of Latin artists.”
However, Bossip, which appears to be an extension of We TV, reported that Hernandez’s show would debut toward the end of 2018, but it never happened, and fans are wondering why.
Hernandez took to Instagram on March 12 and shared a post indicating that she was currently filming for a project, which fans assumed was her reality series. In the post she appears to be looking at a camera while playing with her hair, a post to which she added four camera emojis.
Hernandez’s Instagram post prompted fans to ask questions about the assumed hiccup in her reality series.
“So when’s the show I read that it was postponed,” one fan asked the reality veteran.
Another commented, “When Is Your Show Coming Out I Need You Back On Tv.”
Someone else added, “When we getting the show mama? I heard you had to re film for some reason so its delayed.”
“I saw the show is on Bet network i think,” said another.
Hernandez’s We TV reality series is being produced by former “Real Housewives of Atlanta” producer Carlos King, who has yet to confirm the premiere date of the show.
It was recently reported by the Jasmine Brand that “Joseline Takes Miami” is allegedly being delayed and that the reality veteran is being forced to re-shoot her show. No specifics were given as to why the show was allegedly postponed or when the show will make the air.
After starring on VH1’s “LHHATL” for six seasons with ex fiancé Stevie J., she decided to quit the show, indicating that franchise producer Mona Scott-Youngportrayed her in a negative light on television. She told fans last June in a tweet that she would be taking her talents over to We TV.